Level 2 Teaching Assistants
Required as soon as possible
3 part time posts available:
Post 1 : 5 mornings = 15 hours (additional support for Year 5 children)
Post 2 : 3 mornings = 9 hours (additional support for Year 4 children)
Post 3 : 2 afternoons = 4 hours (to work 1:1 with a Year 4 child)
Fixed term until 31 August 2021
Grade D points 6-11 (£19,171-£21,166 FTE, £9.94 to £10.97 per hour)
Actual salary pro rata’d per appointment
Ashbrook Junior School is seeking to appoint suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 2 Teaching Assistants to support teaching and learning in the classroom to maximise the participation of our children. These roles will include assisting the class teacher in the planning of work programmes for individuals and groups of children and delivering educational activities and prepared programmes of learning. You may apply for a combination of the roles detailed above. Please specify in your application which role/s you are interested in.
Ashbrook Junior School is a co-educational school for children between the ages of seven and eleven. It shares a split level site with the Infant School, off Victoria Avenue in Borrowash, Derby. We are fortunate in having large, spacious teaching accommodation, with areas for small group activities, meetings and quiet reading. Our library area has recently been refurbished with new shelving through the fundraising of the PFA. We have large playgrounds and extensive grassed areas, including facilities for football, netball and hockey.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs;
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team;
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Due to the current pandemic, unfortunately we are unable to arrange internal visits to the school at this time. However we are happy to meet with prospective candidates to visit the external area of the school. Please contact Mrs Sue Smith if you would like to arrange a visit.
How to apply
To obtain an application form please visit the Trust website
http://www.transformtrust.co.uk/vacancies/ or contact Mrs Sue Smith at Ashbrook Junior School on 01332 673785.
Please clearly state on your application which of the three roles on offer you would like to be considered for. It is possible to apply for more than one of the roles advertised.
Any questions or queries, and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Sue Smith, Ashbrook Junior School, Victoria Avenue, Borrowash, Derby DE72 3HF or they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01332 673785
Closing date for applications is Midnight Sunday 18th October 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6,600 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one. We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice