Relief Midday Supervisor
Part time post to work as and when required
1 ¼ hours any lunch time between 12noon and 1.45pm
on a Monday to Friday
Term time only
Salary grade A point 1A -1B (£17364-17460 FTE, £9.00 – £9.05 per hour)
Actual salary pro rata’d
Ashbrook Junior School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to join the Midday Supervisor team. You would be required to work on an ad hoc basis as the needs arise, and will cover either the 12 – 1.15pm shift, or 12.30 – 1.45pm shift.
Ashbrook Junior School is a co-educational school for children between the ages of seven and eleven. It shares a split level site with the Infant School, off Victoria Avenue. We are fortunate in having fairly large, spacious teaching accommodation, with areas for small group activities, meetings and quiet reading. Our library area has recently been refurbished with new shelving through the fundraising of the PFA. We have large playgrounds and extensive grassed areas, including facilities for football, netball and hockey.
Main Responsibilities are:
• Supervision, organisation and safeguarding of children within the playground or dining hall
• To ensure the smooth service of meals
• Organise and develop interactive activities for the children during play
• To use class registers and operate the system designed to ensure all children receive a school meal
• To encourage dining arrangements that promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service for pupils.
• To ensure a calm, clean environment in the dining hall
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children. You will:
• Exhi-bit a calm and reassuring manner
• Be passionate about making a difference to every child
• Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
• Be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards
• A happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Due to the current pandemic, unfortunately we are unable to arrange internal visits to the school at this time. However we are happy to meet with prospective candidates to visit the external area of the school. Please contact Mrs Sue Smith if you would like to arrange a visit.
How to apply
To obtain an application form please visit the Trust website
http://www.transformtrust.co.uk/vacancies/ or contact Mrs Sue Smith at Ashbrook Junior School on 01332 673785.
Any questions or queries, and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Sue Smith, Ashbrook Junior School, Victoria Avenue, Borrowash, Derby DE72 3HF or they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01332 673785
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6,600 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one. We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice