School Office Manager
Required from 4 January 2020
(with a handover at the end of the previous term)
Full time (37 hours per week, term time only)
Grade E points 12-19 (£22,183-25,481 FTE)
Actual salary £18,996-£21,820
Ashbrook Junior School is seeking to appoint an Office Manager to manage the school office and provide HR, payroll and other administrative, financial, organisational processes within the school. Working closely with Head Teacher and the Transform Trust central team to ensure school finance and HR processes are completed in an accurate and timely manner
Ashbrook Junior School is a co-educational school for children between the ages of seven and eleven. It shares a split level site with Ashbrook Infant and Nursery School, off Victoria Avenue. We are fortunate in having fairly large, spacious teaching accommodation, with areas for small group activities, meetings and quiet reading. Our library has recently been refurbished with new shelving through the fundraising of the PFA. We have large playgrounds and extensive grassed areas, including facilities for football, netball and hockey.
We warmly welcome applications from motivated individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team from January 2021. The role includes contribution to the planning, development and monitoring of support services and management of some support staff, including delegation of relevant activities.
• have general office or similar experience, ideally in an educational setting
• experience of managing people
• be able to carry out both routine and more difficult financial calculations
• have the ability to interpret data / information and present this to senior staff in an appropriate, understandable fashion
• be accurate and take pride in your work
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Due to the current pandemic, unfortunately we are unable to arrange internal visits to the school at this time. However, we are happy to meet with prospective candidates to visit the external area of the school and to discuss the role in more detail. Please contact Mrs Sue Smith if you would like to arrange a visit.
How to apply
To obtain an application form please visit the Trust website at http://www.transformtrust.co.uk/vacancies or visit Ashbrook Junior School website at http://www.ashbrook-jun.derbyshire.sch.uk/vacancies.
Any questions or queries, and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs Sue Smith, Ashbrook Junior School, Victoria Avenue, Borrowash, Derby DE72 3HF or emailed to email@example.com Telephone 01332 673785
Closing date for applications is Sunday 1 November 2020 at midday.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6,700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one. We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice