EYFS and KS1 Lead
Required from September 2021
Full time post available
Main Scale Point 1 – 6 (FTE £25,714 – £36,961) or UPS + TLR 2a (£2,873)
Are you an outstanding Early Years Practitioner with high expectations? Do you want to take the next step in your career and move into a leadership position and be part of a new forward-thinking leadership team? Do you have the drive and enthusiasm to help shape the future of our lovely school? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Bulwell St. Mary’s C of E Primary and Nursery School are seeking to appoint an excellent early years practitioner to the role of Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 Leader from September 2021. The successful applicant will be at the heart of our EYFS/Key Stage 1 team, taking a key role in the continued development of provision and practice across both key stages. We want to recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children and want to challenge themselves to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
Alongside the head teacher and senior leadership team, we believe a significant impact can be achieved for our school with the right vision, motivation and skill of an early years teacher who has a passion for enabling children to achieve.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to begin their Bulwell St. Mary’s journey and develop as a senior leader, as well as make a significant impact on the children and staff in our school. Being part of Transform means that you will receive unparalleled professional development opportunities and be part of a well-integrated, supportive network. Combined with the uniqueness of our school we consider this to be an exceptional opportunity for the right person.
Our new EYFS and KS1 Lead will:
- Undertake a class-based role (initially in F2), with non-contact time provided to allow leadership responsibilities to be fulfilled, in addition to PPA.
- Be part of the Senior leadership Team – participating in the strategic leadership and management of the school
- Be a Phase Leader responsible for the quality of teaching and learning across the phases they lead,
- Have the ability to identify and deliver outstanding teaching.
- Be a collaborative and inspirational leader, with a strong ability to motivate and empower staff and children to achieve their full potential.
- Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
- Have a commitment to inclusive education and a genuine desire to work co-operatively with parents, key school staff and other professionals
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
- Have the ability to lead on further improving teaching and learning and developing the wider curriculum, including a core subject.
About Bulwell St. Mary’s:
- We are a friendly and vibrant school that puts children at the heart of everything that we do.
- OFSTED graded us as ‘Good’ at our inspection in March 2019.
- We are proud of our children, their achievements and the progress they are making.
- We encourage staff to be innovative and creative in their approach to teaching and learning.
- The school has six core values; friendship, honesty, forgiveness, creativity, courage and respect which helps to maintain its links with the church.
- Being part of Transform Trust means that you will have access to professional development opportunities, a supportive network and future prospects that we believe will be hard to find anywhere else.
In return, we offer:
- A welcoming community with friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking colleagues, staff and Governors
- The opportunity to be innovative in supporting school improvement and to make a real difference to the lives of Bulwell St. Mary’s C of E Primary and Nursery School
- A friendly, hardworking and professional team which has high expectations of pupils.
- We offer an inclusive Christian environment set in a school with a strong family and community ethos.
- A firm commitment to you and your professional development with excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
Please check out our website www.bulwellstmarys.co.uk to see more about us.
However, there is no substitute for seeing things first hand, so visits (socially distanced) are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact our office manager, Elizabeth Cameron on 0115 9151506.
I look forward to sharing with you our vision and how this role can support our continued passion and drive for improvement.
How to apply
Please download an application form from the school or Trust website. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to our Office Manager, Elizabeth Cameron on 0115 9151506 at Bulwell St Mary’s C of E Primary and Nursery School, Ragdale Road, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 8GQ. Email: E.email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th April 2021 @ 12.00pm.
This post can also be offered on a secondment basis, initially for a period of 1 year. Secondments are open to existing Transform employees only. You will be required to submit an expression of interest letter highlighting how your skills meet the essential criteria along with confirmation from your current Headteacher
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice