Head Teacher – Bulwell St Mary’s C of E Primary School
Required for Easter 2020
NOR: 311 (Group 2)
Leadership Points 15 – 21 (£57,986 – £67,183 FTE per annum)
Bulwell St Mary’s C of E Primary School and Transform Trust are looking to appoint a permanent inspirational leader to the post of Headteacher. The post is currently being undertaken on a secondment basis with some significant impact being made already. This is an exceptional opportunity for a senior leader to make a difference to our whole school community.
Bulwell St Mary’s C of E Primary School has developed an infrastructure which recognises and supports children’s wellbeing throughout school. If you have the vision, motivation and desire to build on what we have achieved alongside driving forward change to support continuous improvement in our school, we would love to hear from you.
- Bulwell St Mary’s C of E Primary School is undergoing a programme to reduce its PAN due to building capacity from its previous 45 intake.
- Being part of Transform Trust means that you will have access to professional development opportunities, a supportive network and future prospects that we believe will be hard to find anywhere else.
- We offer a nurturing Christian environment set in a school with a strong family and community ethos.
- Challenge Partners identified outstanding practice and an accredited area of excellence ‘Improving outcomes for vulnerable groups of pupils by effective leadership and deployment of support staff and evidence based interventions.’
- The school has six core values; friendship, honesty, forgiveness, creativity, courage and respect which helps to maintain its links with the church.
Our new Head Teacher will:
- Have proven senior leadership experience within a primary school.
- Be an ambitious and inspirational leader, able to motivate and empower staff and children to achieve their full potential.
- Have a determination to raise standards across the school and the ability to do so effectively.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
- Inspire a passion in others so as to create leaders at every level throughout the school
- Care passionately about children and their development maintaining high expectations for attainment and progress.
- Promote an open, fair and equitable culture consistent with the School’s Christian ethos.
In return, we can offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- A school that is part of a well-established successful partnership
- Excellent CPD opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
Please check out our website www.bulwellstmarys.co.uk and our videos on You Tube www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bulwell+st+marys.
There is no substitute for seeing things first hand so please pay us a visit. To arrange a visit please contact Elizabeth Cameron on 0115 915 1506.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 27th January 2020
Interviews: Monday 3rd February 2020
To receive an application pack download the application and job description below or e-mail: email@example.com
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which may include references, health and right to work in the UK. This post involves working with children and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice