Level 1 Teaching Assistant
Required from 16th November 2020
Full time 37 hours per week
Fixed term until 27th July 2021
Grade C points 4-5 (£18,933-£19,312 FTE)
Actual salary £16,212-£16,537 per annum
Highbank Primary and School is seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant to support the class teacher with teaching and learning in the classroom and contribute to the management of pupil behaviour by encouraging positive behaviour in the classroom
We warmly welcome applications from motivated, nurturing individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team from 16th November. The role will include supporting pupils’ with additional learning needs. The post will provide one to one support for a named child with Special Educational Needs/ behaviour issues / a medical condition.
• have the patience to provide 1 to 1 support to children with complex needs;
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged via the school office.
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Dawn Lyons at Highbank Primary and Nursery School, Winscombe Mount, Clifton, Nottingham, NG11 9FP Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01159152965
Closing date for applications : 30th October 2020
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice