- “Senior leaders have accessed good-quality support from the Primary Strategy Group, which brokered the Transform Trust to provide effective training and guidance to middle leaders to improve the quality of teaching and learning.” - Ofsted quote from a non-Trust School, February 2018
- “Thank you to Transform, I know myself and lots of our staff have already learnt so much from the excellent training we have been to!”- Derby Reading Project (Derby Primary Strategy Group), February 2018
We are delighted to congratulate four Trust schools who have recently been confirmed as attaining Areas of Excellence by Challenge Partners.
- Bulwell St. Mary's C of E Primary School for Improving Outcomes for Children (February 2018)
- Sneinton St. Stephen's C of E Primary School for Spiral Curriculum (February 2018)
- Allenton Community Primary School for Research (January 2018)
- Brocklewood Primary and Nursery School for Phonics. (January 2018)
- Transform Trust wins Derby City Tender to deliver a school improvement programme across 20 schools in Derby City.
- Congratulations to Manor Leas and Walter Halls Primary Schools who had successful Challenge Partners Reviews. Both schools, whilst not part of our Trust are part of the Transform Challenge Partners Hub. Transform Trust is a Senior Partner of the Challenge Partners organisation: www.challengepartners.org
- Transform Trust is successful with their Strategic School Improvement Fund (SSIF) Round 1 Bid to support Reading across Nottingham. This is partnership bid with L.E.A.D and Nottingham City Local Authority.
- We are pleased to announced that our Challenge Partners Hub now has 4 Advanced Reviewers: Jon Fordham (Allenton); Lindsay Clark (Sneinton); Kate Clifford (Southwold) and Selina Forrest (Rufford).
- Transform Trust go for Gold Fun Run 2017 - click here to read more.
- How a Head Teacher got this Derby school from zero to hero. Click here to read more.
Edale Rise had their ‘New to English’ confirmed as an Area of Excellence by Challenge Partners.
- Fantastic results for Brocklewood Primary School - click here to read more.
A Very Warm Welcome...
We are delighted to be welcoming Marc North to our team to further strengthen our focus on improving outcomes in Maths. Marc will be our Lead Associate for Maths and is joining us from the University of Nottingham where he has worked as a senior research fellow.
Dividing his time between Top Valley Academy and Transform, Marc will be supporting teachers in all of our schools to deliver the maths curriculum in the most innovative and engaging ways to inspire pupils and teachers alike.
We are delighted to be welcoming Burford Primary to Transform Trust. We are excited to have this fantastic school join our growing community of schools and are looking forward to working together.
Record Results for Rosslyn Reading Recovery Programme
Staff and pupils at Rosslyn Primary School were celebrating the success of their latest group of Reading Recovery pupils at a special assembly last week.
39 children were enrolled on the programme in September 2104, at that stage all reading level 1 books. Throughout the year they have worked hard with their ECaR teachers, Angela Hollick, Janice Bush and Rebecca Czabaniuk to achieve some excellent outcomes.
Over the course of 12-13 weeks all of the children spent an extra 2.5 hours/week reading in school. This was supplemented at home with extra reading. Parents were invited to attend a special meeting in school at the beginning of the programme to help them support their children.
All of the children had improved their reading, on average making 4.3 sub-levels progress. The children within this group advanced between 8 and 21 book levels.
"We are delighted with the results from this particularly large group of pupils. At the beginning of the programme the children find it very difficult, but their hard work and perseverance pays off as they have seen some significant improvements in reading ability." – Rebecca Czabaniuk.
Rosslyn plan to continue with this programme, currently in its second year to support attainment in literacy. Huge congratulations to this fantastic team for their success and commitment to improving outcomes.