Required from 24th February 2020
Part time 35 hours per week
7:30am – 2:30pm
Term time only including Inset days
Salary grade D point 6-11
£15,529-£17,145 per annum actual salary
Lawn Primary School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to lead our Catering team.
Lawn Primary School is a large primary on the outskirts of Derby City. We have over 430 pupils from the age of 4 to 11 years. We are a big but friendly staff team where everyone matters. Lunchtimes are a happy time and all our food is cooked from scratch and adheres to School Food Standards.
Main Responsibilities are:
• Compilation of work rotas for staff and the supervision of all kitchen staff.
• Cooking of meals with help from the kitchen staff.
• Cleaning and washing up of kitchen and dining equipment and premises.
• Preparation of main course meals including vegetables and sauces, plus puddings and other similar provisions.
• All administrative work in connection with the running of the kitchen, including menu planning, food ordering, stock control, daily record sheets, basic costing, staff record sheets, requisitioning of equipment and reporting of repairs to premises and equipment.
• Supervision of hygiene in kitchen, ensuring that HACCP standards are maintained.
• Induction and training of new staff in health and safety training and staff code of conduct.
• Induction and training of new staff in correct cooking methods.
• Supervision of setting up and cleaning the dining areas before and after meals, moving tables and chairs as necessary.
• Co-operation with Head Teacher with regard to dining schemes and duties of Supervisory Assistants.
• Help with special functions which take place in the school and on inset days.
• Collect money for purchases as and when required.
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills and have experience of managing a kitchen and a team of colleagues. You will:
• Exhibit a calm and reassuring manner
• Be passionate about making a difference to every child.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
• Be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• A happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and the community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Julie Sladen at Lawn Primary School, Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01332550178
Closing date for applications : 3rd February 2020 at 3pm
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice