Required from September 2021
Part Time – 0.8 hours per week
Fixed term contract to cover Maternity leave
Main Scale Points 1-6
Lawn Primary School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development.
Lawn Primary School is an outstanding primary school with 430 pupils. We are located in a leafy suburb of Derby with extensive grounds and buildings.
We are looking for inspirational teachers who are committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice.
- Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
- Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
- value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driventowards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Tru
Due to the current COVID restrictions visits will not be taking place but we would welcome the opportunity to have an informal chat with you before you apply. This may have to be via Zoom or Microsoft Teams. Please contact Mrs Dobson on email@example.com to arrange a mutually convenient time to arrange a chat.
How to apply
Please complete the attached application form and submit this along with a two page letter outlining why you would be suitable for this post. Any questions or queries and completed application forms and letters should be directed to Helen Dobson at Lawn Primary School, Norbury Close, Allestree, Derby DE22 2QR Email: H.Dobson@lawn.derby.sch.uk Telephone: 01332 550178
Closing date for applications : 9am – Monday 19th April 2021
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice