Head Teacher – Lawn Primary School
Required for September 2020
NOR: 430 + (Group 3)
Leadership Points 18 – 24 (£62,426 – £72,306 FTE per annum)
Lawn Primary School, a newly joined member of Transform Trust, is looking to appoint an outstanding individual to the post of Headteacher who has an exceptional ability to drive school improvement and who is committed to putting the child at the heart of all we do. Sitting on the outskirts of Derby City, our school offers all our children a caring and encouraging place to learn and excel in all aspects of their lives. This is an exceptional opportunity for a senior leader to make a difference to our whole school community.
If you have the vision, motivation and desire to build on what we have achieved alongside driving forward change to support continuous improvement in our school, we would love to hear from you.
• Lawn Primary School is an Outstanding Primary with pupils achieving the highest KS2 outcomes across Derby City.
• Being part of Transform Trust means that you will have access to the following:
• peer to peer networking, collaboration, challenge and support
• the security of working in a climate of shared accountability
• investment in your professional development and future career
• opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and
• access to a range of core services that enable you to focus on leading, teaching and learning
Our new Head Teacher will:
• Have proven senior leadership experience within a primary school.
• Be an ambitious and inspirational leader, able to motivate and empower staff and children to achieve their full potential.
• Have a determination to maintain / improve standards across the school and the ability to do so effectively.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
• Inspire a passion in others so as to create leaders at every level throughout the school
• Care passionately about children and their development maintaining high expectations for attainment and progress.
In return, we can offer:
• The opportunity to be innovative in supporting school improvement and to continue to make a real difference to the lives of Lawn Primary School pupils.
• The opportunity to join a fast growing, well respected and highly effective Trust that embraces each individual member schools’ identity and staff groups.
• A very happy and safe working environment with pupils who behave well and work hard.
• A friendly, hardworking and professional team which has high expectations of pupils.
• The opportunity to become an ambassador for our school whilst enhancing your skills.
Closing date: Monday 9 am 20th April 2020
Interviews: To be confirmed but likely week commencing 27th April 2020
For an informal discussion please contact Transform Trust CEO Rebecca Meredith by email via her PA, Sarah Doig, on email@example.com.
Should you require a visit, please contact school on 01332 550178 or firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a mutually convenient time.
To receive an application pack please download our recruitment pack and application form from our website http://www.transformtrust.co.uk/vacancies/ or e-mail Sue Richmond on: email@example.com
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which may include references, health and right to work in the UK. This
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice