Required as soon as possible
Full time 37 hours per week
All year round
Salary grade E, points 12-19
£22,183-25,481 per annum
Lawn Primary School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to become our Site Manager.
Lawn Primary School is an outstanding primary school with 430 pupils. We are located in a leafy suburb of Derby with extensive grounds and buildings.
Lawn Primary School can offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated staff team
- The opportunity to develop, access professional development opportunities (at any stage of your career) and network with colleagues in partnership with Transform Trust
- Employee Wellbeing and benefits package as a member of Transform Trust
Main Responsibilities are:
- To be responsible for ongoing maintenance and operation of heating, lighting and boiler plant/equipment, ensuring all faults are reported and dealt with in a timely fashion.
- To assist with planning/overseeing all minor building works and repairs including obtaining quotes, liaising with suppliers, overseeing contractors and monitoring service level agreements.
- To report on progress and provide advice to the head teacher/School Business Manager on all minor building works and repairs.
- To assume delegated responsibility for ensuring compliance to statutory regulations relating to, for example asbestos, PAT and legionella testing and to undertake risk assessments
- To be responsible for the security of the school premises and its contents.
- To be responsible for the day to day supervision of cleaning staff, ensuring standards of cleanliness are maintained. To undertake cleaning duties (interior and exterior) as and when required.
- To attend school premises in cases of emergency e.g. intruders, fire, floods etc.
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children.
- have high standards and will take pride in making our school an exceptional learning environment
- can maintain and improve the appearance of the school, including repairs and maintenance
- be enthusiastic, self-motivated and has the ability to use their own initiative
- can manage health and safety and premises issues, including logs and risk assessments
- can organise their time effectively and communicate well with contractors and stakeholders
- will work in partnership with the cleaning team
- understands the benefit of enrichment or after school activities
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- a happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to the school : Due to the current COVID restrictions visits will not be taking place but we would welcome the opportunity to have an informal chat with you before you apply. This may have to be via Zoom or Microsoft Teams. Please contact Helen Dobson – School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a mutually convenient time to arrange a chat.
How to apply
Please download an application form below. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Helen Dobson at Lawn Primary School, Norbury Close, Allestree, Derby DE22 2QR Email: H.Dobson@lawn.derby.sch.uk Telephone: 01332 550178
Closing date for applications : 4.00pm Monday 19th April 2021
Download our Application Form
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice