Ravensdale Junior School – Class Teacher
Required from September 2021
Full time, Permanent
Main Scale Points 1- 6
Would you like to join a school where there is often laughter in the staffroom, where visitors frequently comment on our calm and caring atmosphere and where staff are as dedicated to looking after each other as the children? If so, we would welcome your interest in this position.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring, enthusiastic and dedicated classroom teacher who is fully committed to developing and improving teaching and learning and will seek to maximise the attainment of each child, enthusing and motivating their learning in the exciting and progressive times ahead.
We can offer you a welcoming and vibrant school and a friendly, hard-working team of staff and governors, who promote a creative curriculum within a happy child centred environment.
We are looking for inspirational teachers who are committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice.
- Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
- Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
- Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Applicants from NQTs and experienced teachers are welcomed. Due to the current restrictions, a link to a virtual video tour of the school will be available on request.
There will also be the opportunity to meet with the head teacher, Mrs Zoe Cannon, via a virtual call on the following dates:
Tuesday 23rd February 4.00pm
Wednesday 24th of February at 10.00am
Monday 1st March at 4.00pm
If you would like further information, please telephone Mrs M Albutt on 01332 512373 to request the virtual tour link and arrange an invite to one of the above meetings.
Interviews will be held on Friday 19th March 2021
The closing date for this vacancy is 3rd March at midnight.
Any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
How to apply
please download an application from below
Any questions, queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs M Albutt at Ravensdale Junior School, Devonshire Drive, Mickleover, Derby, DE3 9EY, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01332 512373
Download our Application Form
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice