Part time 7.50 hours per week
Term time only
Start date asap
Salary grade A point 1A
£3,017 actual salary
Robert Shaw Primary & Nursery School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to become part of the Midday Supervisor team.
Robert Shaw Primary and Nursery School is a large, multi-cultural primary school, in Transform Trust, within Nottingham City. We are a two form entry Primary School with a 52 place Nursery. The Nursery is a more recent addition to our school, only being opened in 2012. We are a popular school with almost all classes and year groups being at full capacity.
We have a majority of children who speak English as an additional language and who come from a variety of different ethnicities. This brings with it a variety of challenges, including the rapid development of literacy and language skills in order to access the full curriculum. There are many benefits of having such a rich and diverse community, including the strong development of British Values in which all are valued and respected. In a previous Ofsted Inspection it was noted: “They are caring towards one another and the school is a very harmonious community. Pupils have a good knowledge of world faiths and, as a result, treat one another with respect.”
Main Responsibilities are:
• Supervision, organisation and safeguarding of children within the playground or dining hall environment.
• Organise and develop interactive activities for the children during play
• To use class registers and operate the system designed to ensure all children receive a school meal
• To encourage dining arrangements that promotes an orderly and pleasant meal service for pupils.
• To assist as required to ensure a calm, clean environment in the dining hall
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children. You will:
• Exhibit a calm and reassuring manner
• Be passionate about making a difference to every child.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
• Be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• a happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Caron Pownall at Robert Shaw Primary & Nursery School, Southfield Road, Western Boulevard, Nottingham NG8 3PL Email: email@example.com Telephone: 0115 9155765
Closing date for applications : Monday 02 November 2020 at 12.30pm
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 04 November in the afternoon
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6600 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one. We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice