Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School – Behaviour Mentor
As soon as possible
Full time (term time only)
Grade E Points 12-19 (£21,589-£24,799 FTE)
Actual salary £18,487-£21,910
The Governors are looking to recruit a Behaviour Mentor located in Nottingham.
Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School is a very large primary school with over 700 pupils. We have a primary focus on ensuring the highest possible standards of teaching and learning for our pupils. In our most recent Ofsted (November 2017) we received an Outstanding grade for the Behaviour, Safety and Welfare of pupils. This was achieved through having a reflective approach that places the emphasis upon on ensuring that we get the provision right for every child. We are looking to appoint a dedicated, resilient and caring professional to share in this reflective and collaborative approach. The role will require you to support us in addressing the needs of identified children in school to overcome their barriers to learning and developing their potential, both inside and outside of the classroom, effecting positive behavioural change through intervention. You would be joining a team of committed and supportive professionals and the school can offer lots of opportunity to develop and enhance your skills through training and support.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of children and thrives on challenging themselves and others to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking.
- Be able to work with children displaying challenging behaviour, be a first responder in supporting their de-escalation and reintegration.
- Be able to identify barriers to learning for individual children and provide them with a range of strategies for overcoming these barriers.
- Work effectively with a range of partners including class teachers, SENCOs and senior leaders in order to address the needs of individual children.
- Be aware and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
In return we offer:
- A collaborative and supportive team of talented professionals.
- A commitment to professional development opportunities in order to enhance your ability to develop and improve provision.
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children.
- Motivated, friendly and hardworking children.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and have been arranged for:
Wednesday 16th Oct at 4pm
Friday 18th Oct at 4pm
Monday 4th Nov at 4pm
Tuesday 5th Nov at 4pm
Wednesday 6th Nov at 4pm
Please contact the school office to confirm your attendance.
How to apply
Please download the application form below. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Andy Mullahy at Rosslyn Park Primary and Nursery School, Amesbury Circus, Nottingham, NG8 6DD Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0115 9153266.
Closing date for applications: Noon Friday 8th November
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6000 children in 17 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice