School Office Manager
Required as soon as possible
Full time -37 Hours per week term time only
Grade E points 12-19 (£22,183-25,481 FTE)
Actual salary £18,996-£21,820 per annum
South Wilford Endowed CE Primary School is seeking to appoint an Office Manager to manage the school office and provide HR, payroll and other administrative, financial, organisational processes within the school. Working closely with Head Teacher and the Transform Trust central team to ensure school finance and HR processes are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
We are a long and established inclusive school with high ambition for all children and adults. We have a new, rich and diverse curriculum which develops the whole child including life skills and emotional well-being alongside academic progress. We are very excited to be developing a digital learning programme with Apple Classroom and we currently have individual I pads for all children in Year 2 to extend and engage them in their learning.
We have a naturally supportive staff team who, in the words of a recent external school improvement adviser, ‘genuinely show warmth and support towards one another’.
We have amazing school grounds which offer extensive opportunities for outdoor learning including Forest Schools, a farm and an expansive woodland area.
We warmly welcome applications from motivated individuals to join our dedicated and highly effective team. The role includes contribution to the planning, development and monitoring of support services and management of some support staff, including delegation of relevant activities.
• have general office or similar experience, ideally in an Educational setting
• experience of managing people
• be able to carry out both routine and more difficult financial calculations
• have the ability to interpret data / information and present this to senior staff in an appropriate, understandable fashion
• be accurate and take pride in your work
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
How to apply
Please download an application form from our Trust website. Any questions or queries about the school or the role should be directed to Natalie Aldridge, Acting Headteacher by email: email@example.com
Completed application forms should be submitted by email to Sue Richmond on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications : Wednesday 4 November 2020 at 9.00am
Download our Application Form
Download our Job Description & Person Specification
Download our Guidance Notes for Applicants
Download our Privacy notice
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training