William Booth Primary and Nursery School – Breakfast Club Assistant
Required from 25th November 2019
Part time 6 hrs 15 mins per week – actual working hours are 7.30am – 8.45am
Term time only
Salary grade A point 1 (£2460 per annum actual salary)
William Booth Primary & Nursery School is looking for a motivated, energetic and organised individual to become part of the Breakfast Club team.
William Booth is an average sized, thriving 210 primary school with a 60 place Nursery, very close to the city centre. The school is set on a fairly large site and considerable efforts have gone into making the most of the site to provide our children with an appropriate and stimulating outdoor environment.
Visitors to the school always talk very enthusiastically about the quality of the learning environment and the highly tangible warm, inviting and positive ethos. A quote from one of our visitors encapsulates William Booth very well: “There is something special about the place the moment you step through the door. It is a haven for everyone in the middle of a very busy city”.
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in January 2014. Some of the main findings were that:-
- The school is a GOOD school.
- Standards are rising rapidly and pupils are making good progress in all age groups.
- Carefully considered support for all pupils helps them to improve quickly.
- Behaviour is good throughout the school and lessons are interesting.
- Teaching is good and outstanding and staff work very closely together.
- Pupils enjoy a wide range of subjects and the rich mix of after-school activities.
- Parents strongly agree that the school is led and managed well.
We serve a varied catchment area and our children reflect a variety of social, cultural and academic backgrounds.
Main Responsibilities are:
- Supporting the delivery of safe, creative and appropriate play activities.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out within the equal opportunities framework.
- To support the full care of the children including collection of the children from their parents/carers.
- Ensure acceptable standards of behaviour are maintained.
- Assist in setting up and tidying away play/activity equipment.
- To encourage children to eat a substantial breakfast, whilst encouraging correct etiquette.
- Administering basic first aid and recording incidents in the first aid book as appropriate and provide written correspondence to the parent/carer
The successful candidate will be friendly, have good communication skills as well as the ability to adapt their approach to suit the needs and different personalities of the children. You will:
- Exhibit a calm and reassuring manner
- Be passionate about making a difference to every child.
- Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
- Be punctual and reliable
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- A happy working environment with friendly and well-behaved children,
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- Suitable training, including First Aid, where required.
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please phone the Rachel Lee (School Business Manager) on 0115 9155821 to arrange a mutually convenient time and date.
How to apply
Any questions, queries and completed application forms should be directed to Rachel Lee at William Booth Primary & Nursery School, Notintone Street, Sneinton, Nottingham NG2 4QF. Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0115 9155821
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Friday 8th November 2019
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6000 children in 17 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice