Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Required as soon as possible
Full time – 37 hours a week
Fixed term – until 31st August 2021
Grade D points 6-11 £19,698-£21,749 FTE
Actual salary £16,868 – £18,624
Are you excited about learning? Do you value the role of fun and laughter in a child’s education? Have you always wanted to do things differently? If so then Zaytouna Primary School should be your next phone call.
Here at Zaytouna Primary School, our mantra is ’Everyone a learner. Everyone a leader’ and we are looking for an inspirational Teaching Assistant to come and join our staff team. We care passionately about developing the whole child and if you are successful, then you can expect a new curriculum and timetable packed with PE, art and digital technology. We have a real commitment to the health and well-being of our children, staff and parents – so much so that we have assigned an entire curriculum team to it!
We are a school that is growing! Since moving to our new site, we have increased pupil numbers by over 100.
During our latest external peer review in March 2020, ‘leading’ practice was observed in both leadership and teaching and learning. The improvements since our Ofsted inspection were described as ‘astounding’. We were also accredited with an area of excellence for our Quranic and Islamic studies. This will see us supporting other schools across England with their RE provision.
We have been developing an exciting and ambitious curriculum that aims to develop a child’s mind, body and soul. Physical activity and the arts play a significant role in our learning and experiences. This is something we are incredibly proud of.
Zaytouna Primary School is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and hard-working Level 2 Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning in the classroom to maximise the participation of our children. The role will include assisting the class teacher in the planning of work programmes for individuals and groups of children and delivering educational activities and prepared programmes of learning..This is a fixed term contract linked to funding
• be creative in your approach to learning and delivering the curriculum;
• possess and use appropriate skills to undertake those activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of individuals and groups of children, including those with special needs
• have high expectations of pupils’ achievements and a commitment to excellent standards;
• work well as part of a team
• be literate and numerate;
• be enthusiastic, energetic and committed to making learning exciting;
• have excellent communication skills with children and adults
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven
towards continuously raising standards
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and have been arranged for Wednesday 14th October after 3.30pm. Please contact the school office to confirm your attendance.
How to apply
To obtain an application form, any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Joanne Robottom at Zaytouna Primary School, 500 London Road, Derby, DE24 8WH. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01332 383379
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October 2020 at 9:00am
Interview date: Friday 23rd October 2020
Download our Application Form
Download our Job Description & Person Specification
Download our Guidance Notes for Applicants
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
- Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
- Trust support networks
- Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
- Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
- Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice